To appear on the ballot, this application must be submitted no later than 11:59PM on Friday, March 1, 2013. Please note that additional materials, which are detailed below, are required to be submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59PM on Friday, March 1, 2013 in order for an application to be considered complete by the Elections Department.
No extensions will be granted. Technical difficulties and last-minute submissions shall not serve as excuses should an application be ruled incomplete by the Elections Department.
To verify candidate eligibility and confirm application completion with the Elections Department, it is recommended that this application and all additional materials (see below) be submitted one (1) week prior to the deadline listed above. Submissions made by 11:59PM on February 22, 2013, may be reviewed by the Elections Department at the request of the candidate to ensure candidate eligibility (pending a University conduct review) and application completion. If a request for early review is not received by the candidate, then the application will be subject to review after the March 1, 2013 deadline.
For USG Executive Office tickets, this application must be completed and submitted by the individual intending to run for the Office of President.
This application cannot be edited once submitted. Incomplete applications or applications timestamped after the deadline will not be accepted.
All applications are subject to review by the Elections Department.
ADDITIONAL MATERIALS REQUIRED:
- USG Executive Office & Senatorial Candidates // Must submit a wallet-sized photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on March 1, 2013.
- USG Executive Office & Senatorial Candidates // Must submit an unofficial transcript to email@example.com by 11:59PM on March 1, 2013.
- GPSA Executive Office Candidates // Must submit a curriculum vita OR resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on March 1, 2013.
- ALL Candidates // Must submit your platform description to email@example.com by 11:59PM on March 1, 2013.
- All additional materials required for submission (as described above) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on March, 1, 2013.
- All email submissions should clearly state the campus/government (Tempe, Poly, West, Downtown, or GPSA), office, and candidate name(s) in the subject line.
- February 8, 2013 - Candidate Application Released & Election Dates Announced
- February 22, 2013 - Recommended Deadline for Early Submission of Candidate Applications
- March 1, 2013 - Candidate Applications Due by 11:59PM
- March 10-17, 2013 - Spring Break
- March 18, 2013 - Campaigning Begins
- March 21, 2013 - Mandatory Executive Candidate Debate, Details TBA
- April 3-4, 2013 - Elections
- April 27, 2013 - Mandatory ASASU Newly-Elected Leadership Retreat
Questions should be directed to the Elections Department at email@example.com.
Assistant Elections Commissioner – Poly Campus